Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Down come the curtains...

This post is not a tribute to the nerve-wrecking, nail-biting, and awe-inspiring finish that graced the IPL and the millions of cricket aficionados all over the globe who witnessed the spectacle. Because even though the IPL phenomenon may have reached its inevitable end with a promise to return next year again, there is another thing which has also seen its ultimate climax- my one sided love life. After a really long period of almost close to 8 years, i have decided to stop chasing the only dream that i have been so far.

May be it has now completely dawned on me that there was not much left to carry on with in case of that relationship, that's too if i dare to assume that there actually was a friendship in existence to begin with. The point is, that the show is over and the drapes have finally fallen never to rise again. But life goes on, because it has to. And i'm sure that the end of this story, this wonderful era, will surely mark the beginning of another. And i just hope that in case there happens to be another story, it better have a story-book ending which i have always craved for.

I have learnt a lot in the past 8 years, and i still maintain the fact that they were
and will always remain the most amazing 8 years of my life. Those years made life what it is today. Those years made me what i am today. It has been a great life so far without a shred of a doubt. And i don't know for sure who had said this and in which movie but, " The old dreams, were good dreams. Some of them didn't come true ...but i'm glad i had them anyway..."

By the way, for the first time in my life i wish my brother was right. I'm not referring to his idea about me moving on in life. I'm referring to the fact that to make me feel better, he actually condescended himself to say the following words quoted by a man he hates to the core..."Picture abhi baki hai mere dost..." I hope he's right. And even if he's not, as far as 'life' is concerned, he knows just as well as i do, that picture abhi bahut baki hai mere dost.....




5 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you, if you really mean to go through with this.
    Do let me know how you managed to do it, or what made you do it finally.

    The mind rejoices at being able to let go, you know....but the heart keeps asking...
    Why can't the dreams come true??
    Just why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mere priya anuj....zindagi mein tumhe jo apna na paaye unhe kshama kar dena....subah ka bhula shaam ko wapas aaye toh use bhula nahi kehte....Prachi kehte hain....aur woh aayegi....zaroor aayegi

    Apne bratha ki maano aur dheeraj na chhodo (Im not referring to Dheeraj as a guy..lol)

    Vijayi bhava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am no one to advice you on heartbreak and distress, but I would quote a famous poet Robert Burnshad we never loved so kindly,
    had we never loved so blindly,
    never met or never parted,
    we would never be broken-hearted
    As for a verse for me
    final act of the play has ended,
    the other actor has left the stage,
    curtains are about to fall,
    it's time, my friend, you moved on
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am no one to advice you on heartbreak and distress, but I would quote a famous poet, Robert Burns

    had we never loved so kindly,
    had we never loved so blindly,
    never met or never parted,
    we would never be broken-hearted

    As for a verse for me

    final act of the play has ended,
    the other actor has left the stage,
    curtains are about to fall,
    it's time, my friend, you moved on

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right Decisions at right time, good my frnd, 'Rakhi Ka Swayamvar' has just Started now....Just kidding
    Now coming to the point ,This post totally seems a fictional work, i dont see any curtain Falling, if it has fallen now, let me tell u dat it is a temporary phase like our stock markets,even if u hav buried it from ur side, inside in u there is a voice "Itni shidaat se main tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai,
    hi har zaare ne mujhe tumse milane ki saazish ki hai".
    Again there will be some 'Happies Starting'

    ReplyDelete