Sunday, December 6, 2009

Soldier down..!

Mates, i have a piece of advice for you. Never overdo something that you are new at. No, i am not referring to sex. After taking a good look at myself in the mirror a few days back, i decided to take up a new challenge. I decided to lose the flab around my waist that makes me look like a pickle jar. Not having the time or money to join a gym at this point of time, i chose the closest alternative. I am not referring to sex this time either. It was the internet that i turned to, where i 'googled' my way to find a plethora of information on various ab exercises, oblique workouts and even yoga sessions that could help in my latest endeavor.

So, after reading a dozen articles on 'Google' and downloading several videos on 'You Tube', i was still very much in the middle of nowhere. Cases were legion where people had successfully reduced a tonne of weight in a short span of time without any side-effects. It was indeed very reassuring and also highly motivating. After searching for the required data for almost 2 days and not being entirely satisfied with what i had, i turned to the one man who had a solution to my problem. And no, he was not a sexologist.

It was - Baba Ramdeo. That's right, the man who had taken the country by storm a few years back with his ingenious yoga techniques like acupressure and the like. The man who had supposedly come to be known as a benison to millions of diabetics, heart patients, thyroid patients, and above all -obese SOBs like me all over the country. So i downloaded a 58 minute long video of his from You Tube and went through his yoga techniques which made quite an impact on me. They seemed easy; yet effective. However....yes there is a 'however'. However, before starting off with his techniques i had done a few ab exercises the day before which had developed a harmless little backache. This morning when i finally started off with his yoga session i could feel the pain growing gradually. Now instead of stopping there and then and waiting for myself to recover, i kept going at it being the moron that i am. I had to face the repercussions of my idiocy. It came in the form of a near broken back and an excruciating pain which does not let me move around too much and makes me walk like a scare-crow that has come alive.

So, the soldier is down for now. But i will get going at it again, as soon as i fully recuperate. Look at the good part though. I get to lie back on the couch all day long and catch some TV. Now, where's that bottle of rum. We're devils and black sheep and really bad eggs, drink up me 'earties yo-ho..!

1 comment:

  1. You need to exercise that brain of yours first....If you are obese, then you really need to find an expression for me...or say Yokozuna

    ReplyDelete