Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back to the present..
I've always had this habit of travelling back in time in my own head, every now and then. I believe this is something that most of us do, out of sheer impulse. These are the times when we sit back, relax and retrospect on how life has gone so far and how it may go in the future. And let's face it, our dreams are based on what we want in the future which depends on what we don't have at present, the desire for which originated in the past.
I've always believed that the one thing that we all crave for, is 'moments'. The ones which we won't forget till we breathe our last. I've had a rather interesting past, as do most of us. And i do enjoy taking a trip down memory lane time and again, and reminiscing those special moments which have made life worth living till now. And this is so, because each and every single one of those moments has played a pivotal role in making me the person that i am today. Not to mention the very few special people who have been the ones to make those moments worth cherishing.
The good thing about our moments is that they are 'ours' in every sense of the word, and no one can take them away from us. I just had one of my time-trips. It has made me laugh, and it has made me cry too, as it always does. But it has left a growing smile on my face by the end of it, again, as it always does.
The past is like an old friend,whom i visit often. Whereas the future is like a faceless stranger whom i don't wish to confront. But for now, it's back to the present which is like a shadow of that old friend of mine which surprisingly keeps me warm enough to help me survive in this cold world. And may it always be by my side.

2 comments:

  1. hey i dnt knw whether u remember me..im omkar's friend unni. we had even met one at time.

    i have read ur last 3 posts and wht i really liked bout them is their simplicity. there are no blatant comments on anything, no cribbing and no unnecessary disection of anything including ur own feelings. its just plain simple thoughts. keep it going buddy. there r comments i need to post on ur other articles as well but ill do tht later..after u recognise me!! ;-)

    try to go thru my blog too. its there for a purpose n ull knw wht tht is as soon as u see it. so check it out.

    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i gave u fan see...!!
    thank me !!!

    one more post showing the commonness in our cognitive process

    ReplyDelete