Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last sunset...

As i look outside my window, i see the sun going down for the last time in 2008. And like most of us, i'm excited and nervous about what will transpire when it comes out again to shine brighter than ever, and make us look at the beginning of a whole new era. An era, which promises to be as unpredictable as all the previous ones.


I've had this habit of maintaining a diary since the past few years, which somehow dwindled into oblivion during the second half of this year. When i had made my first entry in my diary at the start of this year, i had written in bold fancy letters- 2008-THE END OF THE WAIT, without knowing what the year had in store for me. I proved to be a very astute prophet, as the year ended the long wait of new beginnings as well as that of the renewal of old friendships.


I worked for a month at a consultancy in the early going of the year, which resulted into a new friendship which saw a few highs and lows of its own as the year proceeded. But i hope that i've been able to keep that relationship intact by the end of the day, or in this case, the year.


I gave my CET exams and got myself enrolled into a b-school, which i wasn't too thrilled about in the get-go considering the opportunities that i seemed to had missed-out on. The start of the semester seemed harder than i had imagined it to be, thanks to my lack of experience in delivering presentations and the fact that i wasn't over my college memories. And although i'm still not over them, i've adapted fairly well to my new environment and have found some solace in my new friendships.

The end of the year brought along with it a pleasant surprise of its own which i'll always be very grateful for. An old friend made her way back into my life, even though she had always been a part of it despite not being around for a while.


My closest friends have been by my side throughout the year, and so has my family which consists of my mom, her parents, my brother and the one i'm in love with. And i'm set for a brand new year, and i better strap on my seat belt real tight because i get the feeling that the ride might get even wilder this time round.

But as i look back at the year which has passed by, all i can think of is that it has made a difference to my life in a way which will alter its course forever. Whether it does so for the better or for worse, still remains to be seen. And i guess there's only one way of finding out the same- by welcoming 2009 with open arms without knowing whether it is a friend or a foe. But as of now, it's farewell and thank you 2008.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nostalgia....my favorite thought of interst

    What a Ride this year has been for us B- studs.......!!!!
    Hope U get all that u desire and all that U deserve

    Cheers to 2oo9

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice write up. ur post reminds me of my own experience in the past year. welcome da year with open arms and remember to hug the opportunities as they come.
    life has been a gift from god and every year spent on this planet gives us all the more reason to thank god to allow us to prove ourself and believe it or not whatever u write there is a gratefullness to god in each post of yours.

    ReplyDelete