Monday, June 8, 2009

How's it fair.....

How's it fair i don't understand,
my time slipped away like a handful of sand,
How's it fair that she did the crime,
and i was made to repent and do the time.....

How's it fair that she didn't seem to care,
and the pain i felt was more than my share,
How's it fair that she just walked away,
without even letting me have my say....

How's it fair that the years passed by,
and she could never hear the sound of my sigh,
How's it fair that she didn't stand by my side,
and i had to go alone on this lonely ride...

How's it fair that i could never begin,
but i'm at the end of the race without a win,
How's it fair that she failed to see,
the heart she searched was beating inside me...

How's it fair that my eyes are closing,
but that sight of hers i don't seem to be losing,
How's it fair that even after i'm long gone,
i'll be back at her side from the break of every dawn...





1 comment:

  1. Firstly, the poem is a very good one. Your say a lot through it, and it does rhyme.

    But I don't quite agree with the message the poem is trying to convey. It seems you are blaming the poor girl. I may not know much about love, but one thing I have understood very well, you can't force anyone to love you.

    That said, your poetic talent does shine through this work.

    I hope you continue writing such gems of poetic work.

    ReplyDelete