Thursday, June 11, 2009

Missed out..

There she had been right from day one,
to wipe my tears and make me see fun,
But back in those days i was blinded by a farce,
with the moon by my side i was aiming for the stars....

I never realized what she meant to me,
it was something i was too late to see,
Now that i know what she was really worth,
nothing will change even if i move heaven and earth...

She was there for me when i needed her the most,
but i refused fate when it offered me a toast,
Once again i have lost my chance,
to the song of life now alone i dance...

Now she's happy in her own little life,
but she's still always there to share my strife,
I can't ask for more than i already have,
though all's left of life now is an empty valve...

But this is not as sad as it sounds,
as this friendship of ours knows no bounds,
Though i missed out again it's not the end,
as what i've found in her is a lifelong friend.....

1 comment:

  1. Uncle.....nice poem. If you mean what you say by the 'moving on' part....then like everyone else who knows you,I will be very happy.

    But you know as much as I do that for you to stop loving someone is as difficult as Afghanistan beating Australia in cricket so I'll be watching this space for the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete