Sunday, October 26, 2008

In the name of names...

How many of us really like our names. I don't like mine. It's PRATIK, by the way, if any of you have cared enough to go through my profile. Anyway, i have always hated it for some reason. Actually, it's my last name i hate even more, it's KHOPKAR. Why would anyone opt to take such a horrible last name....? I mean how dumb were my ancestors...!!!!!!!


They have passed away long ago.....and probably don't even have the time to occasionally glance up [ most of us go to hell] and see what i had to go through because of that name, back in school. I was called KHOPS, KHOPI, KHOPDI, KHOPCHAND...and what not. I vividly remember that someone even tried establishing a link between me and ISHA KOPPIKAR. To speak of the best among the worst lot of names that i was called by, back in college i remember a friend calling me KHOPKA... I know it sounds like the name of a cold drink brand which would surely not do well in the market or a Sri Lankan bowler ...but somehow it seemed cooler in contrast with the ones i had heard earlier.

But, i was called by all these names back in school, by kids, who can be brutal at times. But that's alright. Because i also knew a guy in school named -SANDY. That's right, parents can be brutal too.






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to kNw ur into blogging.....
    will send u my new revamped Blog link....

    BTW.....dont hate ur last name due to some sick name keepers !!
    hate them instead fo havinG such weird creativity !! lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey g8 wrk i reallt liked it......gud luck and i can understand the surname ka thing coz evn i hav been thrh it and still goin .........
    All d Best!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete