Sunday, February 1, 2009

The wait....
The rendezvous with destiny is only a few hours short of its time. As funny as it may sound, the wait for this evening is virtually blissful. This might be so because the outcome is so unpredictable that it does make me fear about the same. But atleast the flame of hope continues to burn until that dreaded hour arrives. Apart from that, it may so happen that things may remain completely unchanged despite the event. I'm not sure at this moment if that's something i should laugh or cry about. I guess that's something i'll find out by this evening.
I've never believed in destiny, i mean the one which is said to be pre-determined by the alpha and omega, to be precise. I've believed in making my own destiny, writing my own story. Of course i do agree with the fact that the people in my life have altered the course of this story of mine in the past and they will continue to do so in the future as well. But the point i'm trying to hammer home is that i will have no regrets by the time i'm 90 [that is if i live long enough to see 90] which i would crib about to my family [that is if i find people crazy enough to be with me till i reach 90].
I will always stick to my guns when it comes to the fact that one should always say what one wants to say. One should always try to get what one wants to achieve. Because all we can do is try. I learnt a long time back that the regret of saying something is not even half as painful as the regret of not saying the same. The more words you let out of yourself, the lighter you feel.
The truth is that it takes just a second, just a single moment to change your life for the better or worse. The problem is that some of us are lucky enough to live that moment while some are not. I don't know if i'll get my moment or not. But i will make sure that my life doen't get a chance to say 'what if?'
It's always better late than never. I hope this adage rings true this evening.

4 comments:

  1. hey pratik,

    i had left u a comment earlier. hope u got it. guess u r busy. well i wud like it if u check out my blog n let me knw wht u think...wud b grt to have some blogger frnds commenting on my thoughts..!! cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I learnt a long time back that the regret of saying something is not even half as painful as the regret of not saying the same".
    Ya i see ,i got it, from where dat is coming ....
    Hope i know story ,screenplay and script of
    THE WAIT-eK INTEZAR,
    hope THE WAIT opens to good reviews & response.
    One good thing abt u is dat u dont let brain rule ur heart in imp decisions,
    and abt turning 90 ,i thought Joey had a deal wid God....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess itll b good if u join the followers list..i wont have to inform u everytime i write a post. and well im following urs too :) tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is not a comment on this post but a reply to ur comment.

    I absolutely agree with what u said bout being the miracle. Im dnt force my belief in God on others..and I do repect atheists...but I often wonder..whether to believe or not, is something tht we choose using our brains..reason n logic..but who created all this? even the smallest form of life..an amoeba..who created it? there is some force in the universe..maybe the cosmic energy...we can call it God or we may not call it anything but theres no denial of its presence.

    thnks for ur input my friend.

    ReplyDelete