Friday, January 30, 2009

Pulling out all the stops...
As the D-day nears, i retrospect on the past seven years that have formed a defining period of my life. And it all culminates this Sunday as i confront destiny in its purest form. The only good part is that i've never feared looking straight into the eyes of the dragon of reality, though i haven't found a way to tame it either. When the sun rises on the first day of this forthcoming week, the air will indeed grow colder than usual, and there won't be left a count of the number of beats that my heart will skip.
But come what may, i must pour my heart out one more time this Sunday and that too, like never before. Life isn't always kind enough to give us a second chance. However, it has been very generous towards me and now i can't ask for more. Now it's up to me to make sure that this second shot pays off. Now it's up to my character, my conscience, my pathetic sense of humour, my idiosyncrasies and my heart to show their true calibre. It has been so long that in my heart of hearts i feel and i know that something's got to give.
So to sum it up, my sobriquet will prove its worth this Sunday, when i pull out all the stops and make one last desperate attempt to reach out and catch the dream i've been running after for what now seems like eternity. And for what it is worth, irrespective of what transpires this Sunday, the legend of VINTAGE AASHIQ will live on, until hell freezes over.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that the way you write is getting better as you continue writing some good posts!
    I don't really know what exactly you're writing about, or wait a minute...maybe I do. Who knows?
    Anyway, I must say that I'm sorry that we couldn't finish our conversation that day. You needed to talk and I wanted to be there for you. But then, it got so crowded, if you know what I mean.
    Thanks for the food, though! LOL!!
    Jokes apart, let me wish you good luck. Be brave and do what you have to do.
    Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you have said, you have got a second chance. Not many get such an another opportunity in such a situation.

    Whatever happens this Sunday, keep in mind that you tried. There are some who don't and end up regretting.

    Anyways, like Debenjali ;-) let me wish you good luck.
    As for godspeed, hell with god ...

    ReplyDelete