Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Judgement Day...
After that long break from writing prose, i'm back to it with a purpose known best to me. They say once a person dies, his spirit is either welcomed in heaven or pushed beyond the gates of hell. Well, i may be confronted with a similar situation this sunday, the ony difference being that i would be experiencing either hell or heaven with my soul still very much inside my body. And that may make it all the more painful.
I don't believe in God and i never will. But i do believe in miracles, and not the ones which involve a magic wand or an evil spell or God's mercy, but the ones which involve the magic of love and a change of heart. I will be needing nothing short of such a miracle this weekend if i want to return back home with my soul untouched. I don't curse the approaching event, as i'm the one who has made a wish for it. Even though i may have set up the gun in a position to shoot myself in the foot, i've now reached a point of no return. Now there's no way out, and in case there is one, then i will have to be lucky enought to see it.
But being very honest to myself, i don't believe this coming weekend will alter my thoughts or my emotions. It may mark the end of an era. Although i will do anything and everything humanly possible to make sure it doesn't happen, because some eras, like this one, are meant to last forever.
The clock's ticking as i write this post, and i await the arrival of this weekend. Because i think it's time...it's time to face the music....it's time to weather the storm..it's time to savor the moment...as soon it will be gone...it's time to make or break.....it's time to have my final say...it's time to see where i stand..it's time for my Judgement Day....

3 comments:

  1. I may not understand the anxiety you are going through as I have never been in the position as you are in. But I have to say, you have nothing to lose, not after waiting for many years.

    Don't make it sound as if it's the end of the world. It never is. Trust me on this one.

    Remember, flowers bloom every spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey pratik,
    hw ru? gud to see u doing a lot of writing. i guess ur heart doesnt let ur fingers rest! well i hv been out of touch from all these due to my exams..but wel im getting bak nw. hvnt read all ur poems..but i read this one and i guess u r going to speak out what ur heart wants to say...

    all the best..and just a small tip..dare to speak ur heart out..u will live a bigger life..cheers..do chek out my updated stuff too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. so the week end is a lot crucial ahem...
    ATB....n ur posts r gettin better day by day !!

    ReplyDelete